What information we collect and how we may use it
There are a number of situations in which your personal information may help us give you better products. For example:
* We may ask for your personal information when you’re discussing a service issue on the phone with an associate, downloading a software update, registering for a seminar, participating in an online survey, registering your products, or purchasing a product.
* When you interact with SoDev, we may collect personal information relevant to the situation, such as your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, and contact preferences; your credit card information and information about the SoDev products you own, such as their serial numbers and date of purchase; and information relating to a support or service issue.
* We also collect information for market research purposes — such as your occupation and where you use your computer — to gain a better understanding of our customers and thus provide more valuable service.
* We collect information regarding customer activities on our websites. This helps us to determine how best to provide useful information to customers and to understand which parts of our websites, products, and Internet services are of most interest to them.
* We may use personal information to provide products that you have requested as well as for auditing, research, and analysis to improve SoDev’s products.
How we protect your personal information
SoDev takes precautions — including administrative, technical, and physical measures — to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
The SoDev Online Store uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption on all web pages where personal information is required. To make purchases from the SoDev Online Store, you must use an SSL-enabled browser such as Safari, Netscape Navigator 3.0 or later, or Internet Explorer. Doing so protects the confidentiality of your personal and credit card information while it’s transmitted over the Internet.
You can help us by also taking precautions to protect your personal data when you are on the Internet. Change your passwords often using a combination of letters and numbers, and make sure you use a secure web browser.
Integrity of your personal information
SoDev has safeguards in place to keep your personal information accurate, complete, and up to date for the purposes for which it is used. Naturally, you always have the right to access and correct the personal information you have provided. You can help us ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by requesting a copy of your personal information, your product registration history, and your interactions with our sales and support agents by contacting us at
- Category: ROOT